Why a REALTOR®?
Why a REALTOR®, you ask? Isn't everyone who sells real estate a REALTOR®? Oh really, they're not? So... Wait. What's the difference? And why do I care?
I'm so glad you asked... Let me explain.
Sure, every real estate agent is required to take the same pre-licensing course and pass the same test in order to obtain their real estate license. And every real estate agent is required to take the same number of continuing education hours at each renewal period in order to keep that license active. That, my friends, DOES NOT mean that all agents are created equal.
Only real estate agents who are members of the National Association of Realtors® enjoy the privilege of calling themselves REALTORS®. REALTORS® agree to abide by a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate and the communities in which they serve.
The REALTOR® Difference
The REALTOR® Party is a powerful alliance of REALTORS® and REALTOR® Associations working to protect and promote homeownership and property investment. The REALTOR® Party speaks with one voice to advance candidates and public policies that build strong communities and promote a vibrant business environment.
Code of Ethics
As the leading advocate for homeowners and real estate investors, REALTORS® have been subscribing to NAR's strict Code of Ethics as a condition of membership for more than 100 years. The Code separates REALTORS® from other real estate licensees. Protecting the interests of consumers demands high standards of professional conduct and training, and the Code of Ethics is the golden thread that binds the REALTOR® community together.
Research & Statistics
NAR provides the premier indicators of housing market activity, collecting and disseminating timely, accurate, and comprehensive of real estate data and analysis for REALTORS® and consumers. Here you can find monthly data on sales, prices, and inventory levels, and statistics on affordability, local markets, and commercial, global, vacation and investment property.
ASSOCIATION & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
As a REALTOR® it is important to give back to the associations in which we serve and the communities in which we work, live and play. There is no better way to gain the respect of your clients and peers than taking an active role in your profession. As agents, we truly do have the ability to impact our own business and the real estate industry as a whole. While some choose to sit back and hope for the best, I know that with some effort, we can have a true impact. Having the latest knowledge in an ever changing industry is an advantage that sets us apart from a sea of competition.
Passionate about networking and leadership, Krista has served in various capacities at the local (NBOR), State (IAR), and National (NAR) REALTOR® Associations, a few of which are highlighted below:
• REALTOR® Magazine 30 Under 30 Class of 2014
• 2014 President of the Newton Board of REALTORS®
• 2015 NAR Research Committee Member
• 2016 NAR YPN Advisory Board Vice Chair
• 2015 IAR Regional Vice President
• 2015 IAR Board of Directors
• 2015 IAR Communications Committee Chair
• 2015 IAR Young Professionals Network (YPN) Chair
• 2015 Iowa Legislative Committee Member
• 2014 NBOR MLS Committee Chair
• 2014 NBOR Membership & Orientation Chair
• 2014 NBOR RPAC Co-Chair
• 2013 IAR Leadership Institute Graduate
•NAR RPAC/YPN Pledge Steering Committee
• REALTOR Ratings Presidential Advisory Group
In addition to shaping the real estate industry, Krista is also passionate about making an impact on the communities in which she lives and works, especially when it comes to children in need. Below are a few causes Krista is actively involved in:
• Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)- Being a constant in the lives of children in need who have been removed from their homes as a result of a pending abuse or neglect case.
• Specialized Youth Transitioning pilot program assisting teenagers who are aging out of foster or group homes to become assimilated into independent living.
• Orphans of Teso through Children's Hope Chest to provide long term, sustainable development to 3 care points in South Africa; Bukedea, Ogoloi & Ongongoja. Krista sponsors 3 children, Lucy, Silas & Sharifa.
• Other organizations Krista has recently supported include the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Habitat for Humanity, Toys for Tots, The Salvation Army for REALTOR Ring Day, and a hats and mittens drive for the Newton Community School District.
Knowledge. Integrity. Drive.
A licensed Realtor since 2007, Krista has managed to build a strong client base and solid practice despite the uncertain economic environment. Her Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting and Business Administration give her a unique perspective to the industry.
Practicing primarily in commercial real estate and specializing in multi-family and retail investment properties, she allows her core values and beliefs to guide her personal and professional life. Krista’s core belief is that communication is key. She understands that her livelihood depends on building and maintaining a network of prospective clients, and prides herself on creating and nurturing quality relationships, and many friendships, with her clients and peers.
Krista is driven by her authentic, genuine desire to help others. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to not only provide her clients with quality investment opportunities, but to analyze and qualify those opportunities to ensure that the client is satisfied for a lifetime. Krista holds her clients in the highest regard, and believes that it is an honor to represent them.
BEHIND THE SCENES